Frequently Asked Questions
We accent most major credit cards and Paypal payments.
For reviews of BombDotComGeekery's service and products, please visit our Reviews page.
Most items in the shop are made-to-order, meaning they will ship after they are completed.
USPS First Class shipping usually takes about 4-5 business days to arrive from time of shipping to your location. Priority shipping takes 2-3 days. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding postal holidays.
It has been my experience that International shipping takes anywhere from 2 to 4 business weeks to arrive. Canada and the UK is on the slightly faster side; Australia and other countries are slightly longer.
Once I ship an item, it is now in the hands of the USPS. If any problems with shipping arise, please contact me immediately and I will assist to the best of my ability.
Standard First Class shipping does NOT come with insurance. If you would like to add insurance to your package (to have it insured against possible theft or damage), PLEASE add the Postal Insurance to your cart.
Turn around time (TAT)
Many items in the shop are made-to-order, meaning they are made for you after you place the order. Turnaround time does not include postal transit time. If you need your order faster than normal, please take advantage of the other shipping options seen in the cart.
If you need an order by a certain date, message me BEFORE ordering so I can best work with you on your deadline.
The current turnaround time for most orders is 3 to 5 business days.
When will my order ship?
You will receive an email notification when your order ships. Most items in the shop have a 3-5 business day turnaround time (the time it takes to make your jewelry) before it ships. Some items do have longer turnaround time. This will be listed in the individual item descriptions. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Returns & Exchanges
Please contact me ASAP if you are at all unsatisfied with any aspect of your purchase. I will do my best to resolve any problems so that you have a positive experience shopping with BombDotComGeekery. I am well known for a five-star standard of communication and customer service.
If you would like a return, exchange, or refund please contact me within 30 days of your order.
If item was damaged during shipping transit, please hold onto your item and all packaging if possible. It is in your best interest to photograph the damage, both of the item and the packaging: this will help greatly in filing insurance claims with USPS for shipping damage.
Returns and exchanges are considered on a case by case basis. Please contact me if there is an issue with your order. In most cases returns will be accepted, as long as the item is in the original condition you received it in. Items are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Customized jewelry and custom bulk orders are not eligible for returns.
Custom Fees / VAT Fees
International customers: Please be aware that your item may be held at customs for inspection, delaying the delivery time, and you may be charged a customs fee or import tax or similar. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about customs clearance - customs laws make the importer (the buyer - you) responsible for these fees.
Proper Care and Handling of Your Jewelry
Congratulations you now own a beautiful new geeky piece of jewelry! Now what do you do?
Many metals may tarnish when introduced to liquids, even sterling silver or gold. The best way to keep your jewelry looking shiny and new is to keep it dry and away from water, including showers and chlorinated pools.
Leather and suede are also water permeable and may warp if submerged in water. The best way to keep your leather jewelry in proper condition is to keep it dry.
If tarnishing does occur through accidental water contact or over a period of time, it can be cleaned with a jewelry-specific cleaning cloth, or very gently wiped off with a little toothpaste. For more information on jewelry cleaning, feel free to contact me.
Have a question not answered in the FAQ? You can find all my contact details on the Contact Page.
Important Additional Policies
Please note that I try my absolute best to ensure that my photographs capture the true colors of my jewelry, but I cannot guarantee every computer monitor (or mobile phone) will accurately display the truest color. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me.
© Laura E Desch & BombDotComGeekery. All shop content, including written material, photos and designs are the intellectual property of Laura E Desch. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Shopify to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Laura Desch, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.